Banana Nut Pancakes
with Whiskey Bananas
Perfect for fall weekends!
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- A handful of crunched up toasted walnuts
1. Start by combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg and brown sugar together. Add one very ripe banana, smashing with your fingers into the mixture. Continue whisking and incorporate the olive oil and buttermilk.
3. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, followed by the nuts. Pour spoonfuls of the pancake batter on to a medium hot case iron pan, seasoned with EVOO. Give the cakes a flip when the edges start to bubble and firm up. Once flipped and gently steaming, the pancakes should be ready!
4. Finish the pancakes with Sarah’s whiskey caramelized bananas and cream.