Blistered Corn and Peach Salad with Hot Sauce and Lime
RECIPE BY KEVIN O'CONNOR MAY 29th, 2020
A corn salad with a California mood; because hot sauce and lime make everything better…right?
- 5 ears of mixed color corn (3-4 cups of kernels)
- 3 freestone peaches or nectarines
- 4 tablespoons of California Select EVOO (split 2 and 2)
- 1 lime for juicing (2 tablespoons juice)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt 4 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- A few shakes of hot sauce, like Tapatio
1. Start by removing the corn from the cobs carefully with a knife. Try cutting the corn on a small cutting board that fits inside a large baking dish to catch all the stray kernels. Place a large pan with two tablespoons EVOO on high heat. Add the corn and let it sit in the pan for one minute before stirring - continue this process until the kernels have developed a deep coloring. You should hear the corn popping and hissing. Set aside to cool.
2. Slice the peaches or nectarines into thin slices and place in a large mixing bowl. Once the corn is mostly cooled add it to the bowl with the fruit and toss with the lime juice, remaining two tablespoons EVOO and salt.
3. To serve, top with a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce and some fresh cilantro leaves.